World Religions: A Guide to the Essentials
Robinson, Thomas A. and Hillary Rodrigues, editors
Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 2006 pp. x + 339. $34.95
Description: A masterful survey for college and university courses, this wide-ranging introduction presents a clear and condensed portrait of the history, beliefs, and practices of specific eastern and western religions. Rich with definitions, it includes a helpful CD with a wealth of images and study aids.
• Provides a straightforward presentation of the history, beliefs, and practices of the major religious traditions
• Conveys the scope and importance of religion in the human experience
• Sidebars offer short, fast-grasp summaries of the major aspects of each religion
• Explains a vast number of terms throughout the text
• CD-ROM includes a full complement of supporting study aids including links, images, quizzes, and more
Subjects: Methods, Theological Approaches, Comparative Religion
Review by Joseph Matos
Citation: Joseph Matos, review of Hillary Rodrigues and Thomas A. Robinson, eds., World Religions: A Guide to the Essentials, Review of Biblical Literature [http://www.bookreviews.org] (2008).
Adobe Acrobat Reader
All RBL reviews are published in PDF format. To view these reviews, you must have downloaded and installed the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have the Reader or you have an older version of the Reader, you can download the most recent version now.