Analytical Lexicon of New Testament Greek: Revised and Updated
Robinson, Maurice A. and Mark A. House, editors
Peabody, Mass.: Hendrickson, 2012 pp. xx + 449. $39.95
Description: Coded to the Revised Strong’s Numbering System
The Analytical Lexicon of New Testament Greek, a revised and updated edition of Perschbacher’s The New Analytical Greek Lexicon, is an invaluable resource for the study of the Greek New Testament. Based on a corrected and expanded computer database, this new edition provides detailed grammatical analyses (parsing) and definitions of all the Greek words in the New Testament—information essential for correct translation and interpretation. A host of additional features make the Analytical Lexicon an essential addition to the library of any biblical student or scholar:
• Analyzed words represent several major editions of the Greek New Testament
• Updated dictionary entries provide helpful English definitions for the entire New Testament vocabulary
• Each Greek word is keyed to the revised Strong’s numbering system, making it easy to use with a host of other language resources
• A new glossary of Greek grammatical terms helps students make sense of the technical concepts used in language study
• A revised set of Greek word tables, keyed to the analytical lexicon, gives a detailed overview of the entire system of New Testament word formation
Subjects: Bible, New Testament, Literature, Methods, Linguistics, Greek
Review by Peter J. Judge
Citation: Peter J. Judge, review of Maurice A. Robinson and Mark A. House, eds., Analytical Lexicon of New Testament Greek: Revised and Updated, Review of Biblical Literature [http://www.bookreviews.org] (2013).
Adobe Acrobat Reader
All RBL reviews are published in PDF format. To view these reviews, you must have downloaded and installed the FREE version of Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you do not have the Reader or you have an older version of the Reader, you can download the most recent version now.